Man, 49, arrested in Oyo over alleged defilement of 13-year-old girl
Man, 49, Held in Oyo for Suspected Abuse of 13-Year-Old GirlContinue Reading
By Suleiman Shehu
The Police Command in Oyo State has arrested a 49-year-old man over the alleged defilement of a 13-year-old girl at Molade area, Iwo road in Ibadan North East Local Government Area of the state.
The Command's Public Relations Officer, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, in a statement made available to newsmen on Friday in Ibadan, said that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for thorough investigation.
Olayinka said that the girl's guardian reported the incident to the police on Thursday at 8:50 p.m. after noticing changes of sexual nature in the minor.
According to him, the survivor had disclosed to her guardian upon gentle questioning that she had been sexually abused by the suspect in 2022 while living with her mother at Molade area of Ibadan.
"Upon receipt of the report, preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly committed the offence during that period.
"This disclosure provided the basis for immediate medical intervention to establish the facts of the case, consequently, the minor was taken to the hospital for medical examination," he said.
The PPRO said that findings at the hospital confirmed sexual abuse of the survivor and strengthened the case against the suspect, who has been detained in custody.
Olayinka assured the public that the State Commissioner of Police, Femi Haruna had assured of diligent prosecution of the case.
He quoted Haruna as appealing to residents in the state to remain vigilant and report any incidents of sexual abuse to the police.(NAN) (www.nannews.ng)
==========
Edited by Yinusa Ishola/Bayo Sekoni
Man, 49, Held in Oyo for Suspected Abuse of 13-Year-Old GirlContinue Reading
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Waidi Shaibu, has charged troops of the 6 Division Nigerian Army to uphold discipline and dedication in the quest to play their pivotal role in safeguarding critical national infrastructure.Continue Reading
‘One-Chance’ crimes: Ex-NBA Chairman seeks synergy, intelligence sharing among security agenciesContinue Reading
By Philip Yatai Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, on Friday called for unity of purpose, for the growth and progress of Rivers. Wike made the call during his ongoing “thank you” visit to Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers. He said that unity had brought progress andContinue Reading
By Benson Ezugwu Enugu Football enthusiasts have expressed optimism that the Super Eagles of Nigeria will defeat the Desert Foxes of Algeria in the Quarter-Final of the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco. The match, which comes up on Saturday in Marrakesh, is expected to see the Super EaglesContinue Reading
By Peter Uwumarogie Dr Abubakar Sani, a Consultant Cardiologist at Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, has warned Nigerians against excessive consumption of energy drinks. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) observes that there has been an increased consumption of energy drinks amongst youths in Gombe metropolis and suburbs. Some youths toldContinue Reading
By Idris Olukoya A Muslim cleric, Mr Isiak Aderibigbe, has urged Nigerian leaders to prioritise peace in the nation and ensure stability of the economy in the year 2026. Aderibigbe spoke in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Friday. According to him, all leadersContinue Reading
By Victor Okoye, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Nigeria’s Super Eagles will take centre stage on Saturday in Marrakech, chasing a semi-final place as AFCON 2025 intensifies with a heavyweight quarter-final clash. Three-time champions Nigeria meet 2019 winners Algeria at the 45,000-capacity Grand Stade de Marrakech, with pride, history andContinue Reading
By Victor Okoye The Super Eagles have arrived in Marrakech ahead of their high-profile 2025 AFCON quarter-final clash against Algeria’s Desert Foxes. The Super Eagles arrival at the Marrakech-Menara Airport on Thursday ahead of their 2025 AFCON quarter-final clash against Algeria’s Desert Foxes.(PhotoCredit:NAN) The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reportsContinue Reading
By Victor Okoye The Minister of State for Finance, Mrs Doris Uzoka-Anite, says administrative processes for Super Eagles’ AFCON 2025 match bonuses have been successfully streamlined. Uzoka-Anite disclosed this in a post on her official X handle on Thursday, addressing concerns over delayed payments to members of Nigeria’s national footballContinue Reading
Copyright © 2026 News Agency of Nigeria.
Welcome to NAN. My name is Bala, let me know what I can find for you.